Sometimes it is good to simply rest your mind and read something interesting, hope you find this entertaining.
My personal favourite quote form the ones I’ve seen is:
“The difference between death and taxes is death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.”–Will Rogers
Did you know that the IRS sends out eight billion pages of forms and instructions every year, apparently, if they were laid end to end, they could stretch 28 times around the earth. And to produce these forms, Nearly 300,000 trees are cut down yearly.
Another interesting fact is that the IRS employs 114,000 people, that is twice as many as the CIA and five times more than the FBI. But then again Barry Goldwater said: “The income tax created more criminals than any other single act of government.”
Calvin Coolidge said: “Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.” And nowadays taxes eat up to 39% of the average family’s income, which is actually more than that very same family spends on food, clothing and shelter combined.
And there are many more funny quotes:
- “For a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.”–Winston Churchill
- “I am proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is I could be just as proud for half of the money.”–Arthur Godfrey
- “Income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf.” — Will Rogers
- “The only difference between a tax man and a taxidermist is that the taxidermist leaves the skin.” - Mark Twain
- “America is a land of taxation that was founded to avoid taxation.” - Dr. Laurence J. Peter
- “No nation has ever taxed itself into prosperity.”
― Rush Limbaugh
- “...but in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes.”
― Benjamin Franklin
- “This is too difficult for a mathematician. It takes a philosopher. The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax.”–Albert Einstein
- “Why does a slight tax increase cost you two hundred dollars and a substantial tax cut save you thirty cents?”–Peg Bracken
“Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today.”–Herman Wouk
Thank you for reading my post! And you are welcome to leave comments, feedback, suggestions for other posts or contact me for more information.
Enter your email address below to subscribe to our newsletter.